Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
380-unit San Jose Homestead plans submitted
A piece of San Jose-area property long owned by the Skinner family is set to be redeveloped.
Rangewater Development submitted plans for San Jose Homestead, an apartment and townhome community to be located on a parcel of land between Old Kings Rd., St. Augustine Rd., and Dupont Ave. The plans show an 11-building, 280-unit apartment community with a clubhouse and pool facing Dupont Ave., as well as a social green and dog park in the center, along with a 19-building, 100-unit townhome community with its own pool and an entrance along Old Kings Rd. Altogether, the project will add 380 living units.
The property is currently home to the Skinner mansion, which will be demolished for the project. An existing gazebo and magnolia tree on the property will be retained.
- Duos Tech received a permit for build-out at 7660 Centurion Pkwy.
- Rent-A-Center received a permit for build-out at 9400 Atlantic Blvd.
- C & A Health Club submitted plans for a 7,848-square-foot building at 14801 Mandarin Rd.
- Multiple permits were issued for The Exchange at Orange Park, a 312-unit apartment complex at 4925 Collins Rd.
- Family First Homecare received a permit for build-out at 6800 Southpoint Pkwy.
- Office Evolution received a permit for build-out at 5011 Gate Pkwy.
- A resolution was introduced at city council this past week to authorize a 10-year, $3.4 million REV grant for the development of Certainteed Gypsum Operating Company’s new facility at 1611 Talleyrand Ave.