Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Tesla to expand its presence in Jax
Tesla is expanding its presence in Jacksonville.
The electric car maker received a permit for the construction of a 45,505-square-foot auto sales, delivery, and service building at 11650 Abess Blvd. The $6.3 million project will be adjacent to Atlantic North.
This will be Tesla’s second showroom in Jacksonville; its first is located within St. Johns Town Center and is significantly smaller than the new location will be. The brand also has a dedicated service center within Perimeter Commerce Park along Philips Hwy.
- Discovery Self-Storage submitted plans for the construction of a new self-storage facility at 4304 Discovery Dr. in Middleburg.
- Karma Automotive submitted plans to convert the former Classic Home Furniture building at 11619 Beach Blvd. into an electric car dealership facility.
- Ellianos Coffee received a permit for the construction of a 700-square-foot drive-thru coffee shop at 3770 Blanding Blvd.
- Nagasaki Sushi received a permit for build-out at 12553 Yellow Bluff Rd.
- City Grille & Raw Bar received a permit for build-out within the former Wine Cellar building at 1314 Prudential Dr.
- Publix received a permit for renovations to its existing store at 10920 Baymeadows Rd.
- Green Dragon Cannabis received a permit for build-out at 5180 Baymeadows Rd.
- Springfield Nutrition received a permit for build-out at 1501 N. Main St.