Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Vestcor planning Lofts at San Marco East
Vestcor is expanding its affordable housing presence outside of the urban core.
The company submitted plans for The Lofts at San Marco East, a four-story, 172-unit apartment complex at Philips Hwy. and St. Augustine Rd. E. The new complex, which will be oriented along Philips Hwy., will be similar in nature to the company’s other Lofts projects located within the urban core.
The property had previously been home to a juvenile residential facility, which was demolished several years ago, as well as an unoccupied single-family residence.
New tenants at SJTC, River City Marketplace
Clothing brand Psycho Bunny and telecommunications brand Xfinity each received permits for build-out at St. Johns Town Center. Psycho Bunny will be located at 4813 River City Dr., while Xfinity will be at 4663 River City Dr.
Meanwhile, at River City Marketplace, Claire’s and F45 Training Studio both received build-out permits.
- Tropical Smoothie Café submitted plans for a new restaurant building with drive-thru lane at 5821 Beach Blvd., on property previously utilized by The Chicken Koop which has since been demolished.
- AT&T received a permit for build-out at 8355 Baymeadows Rd.
- Mussallem Rug Studio received a permit for build-out at 7119 Bentley Rd.
- Sanctuary Medicinals received a permit for build-out at 1070 Edgewood Ave. S.
- Conn’s HomePlus received a permit for renovations to an existing building at 9278 Arlington Expy.