Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Gucci coming to St. Johns Town Center
Gucci will soon bring its luxury fashion brand to St. Johns Town Center.
The Italian fashion brand received a permit for build-out at 4813 River City Dr. within St. Johns Town Center. It will occupy a corner unit within the mall’s higher-end wing that is currently vacant. The new store will be Gucci’s first location in Northeast Florida.
No opening date for the store has been released yet; neither SJTC nor Gucci have listed the future store on their respective websites.
Taverna Oceana to debut next year
The team behind Taverna will soon debut a new concept right next door to its existing San Marco location.
Taverna Oceana, a new raw bar and seafood-focused concept, will open within San Marco Square in early 2023. The 78-seat restaurant will feature private dining space as well as an oyster and champagne bar.
The eatery’s interior will be designed by Design Cooperative.
- DHI Communities submitted plans for a seven-building multifamily apartment complex along East Peyton Pkwy. at Durbin Park West.
- Taco Bell submitted plans for a new restaurant building within Durbin Creek Crossing.
- Mandarin Central Plaza LLC received a permit for exterior renovations to the Mandarin Central shopping center at 11018 Old St. Augustine Rd.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of a building at 502 N. Hogan St.
- Panera Bread received a permit for the construction of a new restaurant building at 9725 Applecross Rd.