Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Scramblers to Deerwood, Lakewood
A new-to-market breakfast restaurant is coming to the Deerwood and Lakewood areas.
Ohio-based breakfast chain Scramblers is expanding into the Jacksonville market with locations within Lakewood Promenade and Deerwood Village Mall. The chain received a permit for build-out this week within the latter shopping center, where it will occupy a unit most recently utilized by Clothes Mentor.
Meanwhile, build-out is essentially complete on the chain’s location at Lakewood Promenade, where it takes over space previously occupied by Starbucks and Healthy Bagel. This location is expected to open in the coming days.
The two new locations will mark Scramblers’ first entry into Jacksonville, as well as the state of Florida.
- Amazing Explorers Academy received permits for build-out in two St. Johns locations: one at 101 Cherry Elm Dr. in Silverleaf, and the other at 50 Bee Balm Ln. in Rivertown.
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits is now open within Durbin Creek Crossing in St. Johns.
- Brain Balance received a permit for build-out at 155 Fountains Way in St. Johns.
- Chick-fil-A received a permit for renovations to its existing location at 7147 Philips Hwy., including additional kitchen space and a new multi-lane drive-thru configuration.
- Popeyes received a permit for build-out within The Avenues Mall‘s food court.
- GATE submitted plans for a new gas station, convenience store, and Gate Express Carwash at Butler and Hodges boulevards.
- Embassy Suites submitted plans for a new 125-room hotel building along San Pablo Rd. S. near San Pablo Pkwy.
- Plans were submitted for a new charter school building along Old St. Augustine Rd. near Natures Trail Rd.
- Plans were submitted for a new 128-room Cambria Hotel building at 7800 Ozark Dr., adjacent to I-295.