Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Brooklyn mixed-use project under final review
A proposed mixed-use development at Park St. and Forest Ave. is set for final review.
The project, which is expected to be approved by the Downtown Development Review Board at its meeting this week, will feature a five-story, 341-unit apartment building constructed over a two-story parking deck with retail and restaurant space on its bottom floor. The $108 million development is led by Atlanta-based Columbia Ventures, who are also behind the pending Union Terminal Warehouse adaptive reuse project in downtown Jax.
Planned amenities include a resort-style pool, fitness center, pet spa, dog park, and sky-lounge. Construction is expected to begin early next year.
- Plans were submitted for a two-story charter school at Philips Hwy. and Pinnacle Point Dr.
- Walmart received a permit for renovations to its existing store at 13490 Beach Blvd.
- Wawa received a permit for the construction of a new gas station and convenience store at 972 Cassat Ave. It also received multiple permits in relation to its future location at 1331 University Blvd. N.
- Syriana Grill received a permit for build-out at 6859 St. Augustine Rd.
- Sam’s Club received a permit for renovations to its existing store at 6373 Youngerman Cir.