Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Sportsman’s Warehouse to River City Marketplace
Sportsman’s Warehouse is coming to Jacksonville for the first time.
The Utah-based outdoor sporting goods retailer received a permit for build-out at 13075 City Square Dr. within River City Marketplace. It will occupy a unit adjacent to Burlington that was formerly part of Gander Mountain, another outdoors retailer that has since exited the Jax market.
FDOT to widen I-95, I-295
FDOT submitted plans this week to widen a stretch of FL-SR9A/I-295 from Butler Blvd. to Beach Blvd. It also submitted plans to widen a stretch of I-95 from Butler Blvd. to Baymeadows Rd. Each project would add an additional lane to each side of the highway.
- Flournoy Partners submitted plans for a six-building, 350-unit multifamily apartment complex on the former site of St. Augustine Outlets. The former mall is in the process of being demolished.
- World of Beer is seeking approval to open a new location at 1198 Beach Blvd. in Jax Beach.
- Chadbourne VI, LLC submitted plans for a seven-building, 384-unit multifamily apartment complex at Bartram Commons Dr. and Race Track Rd. at the Duval-St. Johns border.
- Wendy’s submitted plans for the construction of a new restaurant building along Longleaf Pine Pkwy. near Greenbriar Rd. in St. Johns.
- 7Brew Drive-Thru Coffee submitted plans for a new coffee shop building at Wells Rd. and US-17 in Orange Park.
- Walmart received a permit to remodel its existing location at 1650 San Pablo Rd. S.
- Xfinity received a permit for build-out at 13740 Beach Blvd.
- Rooms to Go received a permit for renovations to its existing location at 11030 Philips Hwy.
- Ideal Dental Group received a permit for build-out at 4906 Town Center Pkwy. within The Strand at Town Center.