Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Bitty & Beau’s Coffee coming to San Marco
Bitty & Beau’s Coffee is coming to San Marco Square.
The coffee chain, which emphasizes hiring people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, received a permit for build-out at 1965 San Marco Blvd. It will replace Beach Diner, which opted not to re-open following a fire within the unit.
The San Marco location will be Bitty & Beau’s first location in the Jacksonville area – and in the state of Florida. The chain has locations in 12 states.
Atlantic Self-Storage to build in Riverside, New Berlin
Atlantic Self-Storage submitted plans for a 150,000-square-foot self-storage facility at 859 Willow Branch Ave.
A company affiliated with Atlantic Self-Storage also submitted plans for a 4-story, 100,000-square-foot self-storage facility at Yellow Bluff Rd. and New Berlin Rd.
- Circle K submitted plans for the construction of a new gas station and 5,200-square-foot convenience store at 3649 Philips Hwy. A former Taco Bell location will be demolished to make room for the project.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of the former River City Brewing Co. building at 835 Museum Cir. The property is set to be redeveloped as apartments and a riverfront restaurant.
- Fifth Third Bank received a permit for build-out within a former SunTrust bank branch at 4489 Town Center Pkwy.
- Extended Stay America submitted plans for a 4-story, 124-unit hotel building at Max Leggett Pkwy. and Hero Pl.
- American Classic Homes submitted plans for Crystal Cove, an 81-lot subdivision off of Lenox Ave. near Hammond Blvd.
- 7-Eleven received a permit for the construction of a new gas station and convenience store at 935 CR-210 W., near Beachwalk in St. Johns.
- Home2Suites received a permit for the construction of a new 6-story hotel with ground-floor restaurant space at 600 Park St.