Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Johnson Commons plans submitted
Corner Lot Development Group submitted their plans for Johnson Commons Townhomes, a townhome development adjacent to the Greyhound station and “Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing” Park.
Those plans show 91 townhome units spread across three parcels of land at the intersection of LaVilla Center Dr. and Houston St. The northwest parcel will also feature a private amenity area surrounded by townhome buildings. A small trail would be added between the development and “Lift Ev’ry Voice” Park, and yet-to-be-finalized “memorial signage” space is shown along its main intersection.
The plans also feature over 26,000 square feet of open green space marked for future commercial development.
Publix coming to eTown
eTown’s Village Center now has its first confirmed anchor tenant: Publix.
The PARC Group, the developers behind the master-planned eTown community, announced this week that Publix will anchor a new shopping center at Exchange East within the Village Center. The center will be developed by Skinner Bros. Realty and will feature a 48,000-square-foot Publix and Publix Liquors as well as 40,000 square feet of additional retail space.
The center is expected to begin construction later this year, with completion expected by early 2023.
- McDonald’s received a permit for renovations to an existing location at 9841 Atlantic Blvd.
- Levi’s received a permit for build-out at 4751 River City Dr. within St. Johns Town Center.
- Any Lab Test Now received a permit for build-out at 725 Skymarks Dr.
- Aerie received a permit for build-out within The Avenues Mall.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of a former gas station at 8405 Beach Blvd.
- The Walrus, a juice bar, received a certificate of occupancy at 948 Edgewood Ave. S.
- Trend Setters Salon received a permit for build-out at 5486 Normandy Blvd.
- South Jacksonville Presbyterian Church received a permit for the demolition of three of its buildings at 2139 Thacker Ave. The demolitions will make way for a new apartment complex as well as a courtyard/lawn for the church.
- El Castillo received a permit for build-out at 9735 Old St. Augustine Rd.
- D Freshest Seafood & Meat received a permit for build-out at 5966 Moncrief Rd.