Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
ToyTopia to join Nocatee Town Center
A new toy store is coming to Nocatee at the start of 2022.
ToyTopia by Safari Ltd. plans to open its doors next January within Nocatee Town Center. It will be the first “interactive retail store” for toy company Safari Ltd., which specializes in hand-crafted, eco-friendly toys and which recently relocated its headquarters to Jacksonville. The store will sell Safari Ltd.’s toy brands and will host interactive classes as well.
The store will be located within the second phase of Nocatee Town Center, anchored by GreenWise Market. It will be located next to TitanUP Fitness.
Lennar planning houses, townhomes along Powers Ave.
Lennar Homes submitted plans for a new 130-lot single-family subdivision, as well as a 46-building townhome community, along Powers Ave. between Baker-Skinner Park and U-Stor. The plans show three pocket parks within the subdivision and four more within the townhome community. The townhome community also features an amenity center.
- Scrubbles Express Wash submitted plans for a new carwash facility within Durbin Creek Crossing in St. Johns. It’s been added to our list of future tenants at the development.
- Sanctuary Medicinals received a permit for build-out at 11450 Beach Blvd.
- Gate Petroleum submitted plans for a new convenience store and gas station at Exchange St. and E-Town Pkwy. within E-Town.
- Atlee Development Group submitted plans for Sadler Trace Townhomes, a 90-unit townhome community off of Bethel Rd. near I-295.
- Tractor Supply Co. received a permit for construction at 1767 St. Johns Bluff Rd. S.
- Burrito Gallery received a permit to add a patio canopy at its Brooklyn Station location.
- First Watch received a permit for build-out at 4407 Roosevelt Blvd.
- VIP Brazilian Beauty Salon received a permit for build-out at 9891 San Jose Blvd.
- InLight Real Estate Acquisitions submitted plans for a two-building industrial park at Imeson Rd. and Commonwealth Ave.