Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Presidium Town Center debuts near JTB/I-95
Real estate development firm Presidium has completed work on its self-titled apartment complex just off of JTB and I-95.
Presidium Town Center, located at 7738 A.C. Skinner Pkwy., features 370 residential units within five four-story buildings as well as three two-story carriage house buildings. Amenities include in-unit smart home features, a 10,000-square-foot amenity center, a rooftop lounge, and a resort-style pool.
The complex was designed by Atlanta-based Dwell Design Studio and constructed by LandSouth. It joins an increasingly busy residential stretch along A.C. Skinner Pkwy. that also includes Summer Key Condominiums, The Loree, and Lost Lake Apartments. Units are leasing now; its first residents began moving in last month.
St. Johns updates
As usual, there are multiple news items to share from the red-hot St. Johns County retail scene:
- Swimming Safari Swim School submitted plans for a 12,000-square-foot building on Veterans Pkwy. near Veterans Park.
- Kwik Way submitted plans for a new gas station and convenience store at 2762 Race Track Rd.
- 2nd Bay Brewery applied for a permit for build-out at 108 Bartram Oaks Walk.
- The Drip Bar received a permit for build-out at 90 Shops Blvd. within Shoppes of St. Johns Parkway.
- Vision Today received a permit for build-out at 4972 Town Center Pkwy. within The Strand at Town Center.
- European Wax Center received a permit for build-out at 4624 Town Crossing Dr. within St. Johns Town Center.
- House of Stereos received a permit for build-out at 3110 Beach Blvd.
- Jaguar Smoke and Vape received a permit for build-out at 9550 Baymeadows Rd.
- Natural Teeth Implant Center received a permit for build-out at 5117 J. Turner Butler Blvd.
- River City Science Academy received a permit for the construction of a new gym building on their campus at 10911 Old St. Augustine Rd.
- IVX Health received a permit for build-out at 10400 San Jose Blvd.
- Bosco Enterprises submitted plans for a three-story, 30-unit apartment building at 2156 Mayport Rd., as well as a single-story office building at 2152 Mayport Rd.