Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Pine Grove Apartments proposed along Powers Ave.
Another residential project is coming to a suddenly red-hot Powers Avenue corridor.
Powers Avenue Apartments, Ltd., submitted plans for Pine Grove Apartments, a five-building, 168-unit apartment complex along Powers Ave. between an existing fire station and Toledo Rd. The complex also features an amenity lawn, a clubhouse with a pool, and multiple recreation areas.
The project has been planned since as early as 2007 when the developer unsuccessfully applied for public funding. It joins recently announced plans for a Lennar single-family community and another apartment complex near Baker-Skinner Park and Wolfson High School along the same stretch.
The Bread & Board to open downtown
The Bread & Board plans to open its new downtown location, as well as its Bread & Board Provisions shop, in mid-August.
The new restaurant and shop will both be located at 100 W. Bay St. within VyStar Credit Union’s downtown campus. The provisions shop will feature a lineup of over a dozen local offerings including homemade pasta from Prati Italia, jams and grains from Congaree & Penn, and coffee from Martin Coffee.
The new downtown location will replace the original Bread & Board location at 1030 Oak St., which will close permanently tomorrow.
- Encompass Health received a permit for the construction of a new 50-bed rehabilitation hospital at 11595 Burnt Mill Rd.
- VyStar Credit Union received a permit for the construction of its seven-story, 807-space parking garage at 28 W. Forsyth St.
- Culver’s submitted plans for a new restaurant building at 101 Monument Rd.
- Tire Outlet received a permit for the construction of a new building at 9213 Merrill Rd.
- Tea Poke Spot received a permit for build-out at 4076 Belfort Rd.
- Starbucks submitted plans for the construction of a 2,424-square-foot standalone location at 10915 Baymeadows Rd. The new building will be located next to an existing Wendy’s on an adjacent outparcel.