Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
New tech startup Revalize launches in Baymeadows area
A newly-formed cloud-based software company is set to call Jacksonville its home.
Revalize, a new cloud-based manufacturing software from private equity firm TA Associates, plans to add 100 new jobs locally over the next six months as part of its presence in Jax. The company will be led by Jim Contardi, the CEO of Jax-based software company AutoQuotes; AutoQuotes, in turn, will become part of Revalize.
The new company will be located within Deerwood Center.
Whataburger building in Mandarin
Whataburger submitted plans for the construction of a new, 3,751-square-foot restaurant building at San Jose Blvd. and Hartley Rd.
The restaurant will replace an existing former bank building at the property, which will be demolished. It will be Whataburger’s first location in Mandarin; it replaces a recently-closed location in the Lakewood area.
- Catalyst Development Partners submitted plans for Menlo 2.0 Apartments, a six-building, 337-unit multifamily apartment community with a clubhouse, pool, dog park, and event lawn, off Bold City St. within E-Town.
- JWB Real Estate received a permit for its mixed-use redevelopment of the historic building at 218 W. Church St.
- Point Meadows Surgery Center received a permit for build-out at 8100 Point Meadows Dr.
- Ryan Companies received a permit for the construction of a parking structure for JEA’s future headquarters building at 225 N. Pearl St.
- Westminster Services submitted plans for a 26,306-square-foot memory care assisted living facility along Orange Ave. near Race Track Rd.
- McDonald’s received a permit for interior renovations to its existing location within River City Marketplace.
- Chamberlain University received a permit for renovations at 5200 Belfort Rd.
- Checkers submitted plans for a new restaurant building at 4105 Dunn Ave.
- Semper Laser received a permit for build-out at 12675 Beach Blvd.
- Carespot received a permit for build-out at 9680 Argyle Forest Blvd.
- ATL Deli received a permit for build-out at 1020 N. Edgewood Ave.
- The Liles Firm received a permit for build-out within Bank of America Tower
Leave a Reply