Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Jacksonville University announces College of Law downtown
Jacksonville University plans to open a new downtown law school campus this fall.
The school announced this past week that it plans to launch its new College of Law within the 18th floor of VyStar Tower. It will serve as Jacksonville’s sole law school, with the pending closure of Florida Coastal School of Law. It joins UNF’s business school within The Barnett as the second new downtown higher-learning campus in the past few years.
Classes are set to begin in the fall, with an inaugural class of 30 students. The school will seek ABA accreditation beginning in 2023.
- Ellianos Coffee received a permit for the construction of a new 800-square-foot drive-thru coffee shop at 8781 Old Kings Rd. S.
- D.R. Horton submitted plans for two new townhome communities: one along New Berlin Rd., and one at 103rd St. and Connie Jean Rd.
- Heartland Dental submitted plans for a new 4,200-square-foot building at E-Town Pkwy. and Exchange St.
- Amazing Explorers Academy submitted plans for a new 12,100-square-foot childcare facility, with space for a 5,520-square-foot addition, at Bee Balm Way and Whistling Straits Dr. within Rivertown in St. Johns.
- La Nopalera received a permit for build-out at 13799 Beach Blvd.
- First Coast Vets received a permit for build-out at 9430 Arlington Expy.