Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Jax Beach to review Adventure Landing redevelopment
Jacksonville Beach is set to review a development that would replace the Adventure Landing theme park along Beach Blvd.
The city’s planning commission will discuss land-use and zoning amendments related to the development proposal, submitted by JB Fair Park MF, LLC and Beaches Preserve LLC. The developers are seeking to construct a 427-unit residential complex at 1944 Beach Blvd. The current plan, as depicted, shows four three-story residential buildings plus a pool, courtyard, dog park, and a four-level parking garage.
The complex would occupy the site of Adventure Landing, which opened in the mid-‘90s and will close permanently by the end of the year.
The commission is currently recommending that the project as currently proposed should be rejected, as it fails to satisfy certain elements of the city’s comprehensive development plan. Issues include proximity to conservation land and a lack of open recreation space.
- Spectrum Companies submitted plans for a 300-unit apartment complex near Stillwood Pines Blvd. within Seven Pines.
- Atlee Development Group submitted plans for Wells Landing, a 219-lot subdivision off Morse Ave. near Ringhaver Park.
- Smallcakes received a permit for build-out at 13740 Beach Blvd.
- McDonald’s received a permit for renovations to its existing location at 3143 Emerson St.
- Heartland Dental received a permit for the construction of a 4,200-square-foot building at 12541 Yellow Bluff Rd.