Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Catullo’s Italian expanding into Nocatee
The popular Catullo’s Italian will soon expand into Nocatee.
Catullo’s announced this week that it plans to open its second location within Nocatee Town Center, in a unit located between Luxury Nail Spa and Palm Leaf Dental. The new location is slightly larger than their existing location in the San Pablo area, which debuted back in 2019 and quickly became one of the city’s top Italian eateries.
The Nocatee location is expected to open in late 2022.
Icemen receive Igloo permit
The Jacksonville Icemen received a permit to convert the former Jacksonville Ice and Sportsplex building at 3605 Philips Hwy. into a $10.6 million Icemen Igloo practice and entertainment facility. Once completed, the facility will feature two full-size hockey rinks, a sports-themed restaurant and lounge, an Icemen team shop, and a local sports hall of fame.
- IDEA Public School received a permit for the construction of a new charter school building at 2354 University Blvd. N.
- Plans were submitted for Katie Cove, a 35-lot subdivision off of Starratt Rd.
- Multiple permits were issued for the construction of a new Racetrac gas station and convenience store at 6635 Pritchard Rd.
- Truist received a permit for build-out at 7001 Merrill Rd.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of a former gas station at 5910 Atlantic Blvd.
- Aloha Waffle received a permit for build-out at 725 Skymarks Dr.
- Island Wing Company submitted plans to construct a new 7,000-square-foot restaurant building with 2,267 square feet of outdoor seating at 12675 Beach Blvd. within Tamaya Market.