Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Regal Apartments moving forward
Presidium submitted plans for Regal Apartments, a 334-unit multifamily development at 14051 Beach Blvd.
Plans for the development show five four-story apartment buildings, as well as a leasing office and amenity center, a pool, a small dog park, and a fitness building.
Texas-based Presidium has previously developed JTB Luxury Apartments, Presidium Town Center, and Presidium Park.
The project will be located on the site of a former Regal Theatres location. The theater closed last year due to COVID-19 and never reopened.
Church of Eleven:22 to anchor St. Johns center
A company connected to Sleiman Enterprises submitted plans for a multi-use development at Longleaf Pine Pkwy. and Knights Ln. in St. Johns, to be anchored by a 62,000-square-foot Church of Eleven:22 location.
Plans also show a shopping strip consisting of an additional 48,325-square-foot anchor tenant as well as 10,500 square feet of in-line retail space, along with two outparcel properties along the proposed CR-223.
- Chick-fil-A received a permit for renovations to its existing location within St. Johns Town Center.
- 7-Eleven submitted plans for a new convenience store and gas station at Race Track Rd. and Bartram Springs Pkwy. in St. Johns.
- CubeSmart received a permit for the conversion of an existing building at 10830 San Jose Blvd. into a self-storage facility.
- Pet Paradise will host a grand opening for its new location at 463393 SR-200 in Yulee on December 22.
- Trinity Baptist College received a permit for the construction of a 15,000-square-foot classroom building at 800 Hammond Blvd.
- Multiple permits were issued for Oakley Square Apartments, a 312-unit multifamily development at 7960 Merchants Way.