LAST UPDATED: September 16, 2019
Sometimes seeing the current state of downtown Jacksonville can cause frustration for residents hoping for more activity.
It can be easy to lose perspective on exactly how much money is being poured into creating a more lively, modern downtown area over the next decade.
There are well over a billion dollars worth of active and proposed development projects going on within downtown Jacksonville. Some projects, of course, are further along than others – and some, like Shad Khan’s grand plans for the Shipyards property, still feel like a distant reality at best. But many are already under construction and will be ready as soon as the end of the year.
To help keep track of everything that’s going on downtown, we’ve compiled a list of all the active and proposed development projects that we could gather from our records – divided up by district. We’ll keep updating the list as we locate more projects in our records, or in city records, as well as adding new projects as they’re announced.
If you want to be in-the-know about what’s coming to downtown Jax, make sure you save this article!
- Elena Flats (122 E. Duval St.)
- Historic building being converted into four luxury apartment units
- Lofts at Cathedral (325 E. Duval St.)
- Approx. 140-unit apartment building by Vestcor
- Ashley Square Senior Housing (Ashley and Beaver streets)
- Aging True plans to build a 120-unit senior housing complex that would include a parking garage and special pricing for low-income seniors
- Ashley Street Container Project (412 Ashley St.)
- JWB Real Estate plans to turn 18 stacked shipping containers into a tiny affordable apartment complex
- First Baptist Church redevelopment (several blocks)
- FBC plans to condense its 10-block campus down to a single block, selling off the other properties gradually