LAST UPDATED: November 27, 2019
Sometimes seeing the current state of downtown Jacksonville can cause frustration for residents hoping for more activity.
It can be easy to lose perspective on exactly how much money is being poured into creating a more lively, modern downtown area over the next decade.
There are well over a billion dollars worth of active and proposed development projects going on within downtown Jacksonville. Some projects, of course, are further along than others – and some, like Shad Khan’s grand plans for the Shipyards property, still feel like a distant reality at best. But many are already under construction and will be ready as soon as the end of the year.
To help keep track of everything that’s going on downtown, we’ve compiled a list of all the active and proposed development projects that we could gather from our records – divided up by district. We’ll keep updating the list as we locate more projects in our records, or in city records, as well as adding new projects as they’re announced.
If you want to be in-the-know about what’s coming to downtown Jax, make sure you save this article!
- Brooklyn Place (Riverside Ave. / Leila St.)
- Addition to Brooklyn Station featuring Panera Bread, Chipotle Mexican Grill, and Bento Asian Kitchen + Sushi
- Vista Brooklyn (200 Riverside Ave.)
- 10-story, 308-unit apartment complex with over 10,000 sq. ft. of ground-floor retail space
- FIS headquarters expansion (Riverside Ave. / Dora St.)
- Locally-based financial software company FIS is looking to build a 12-story, $145 million HQ building on what’s currently a parking lot along Riverside Ave.
- Lofts at Brooklyn (Spruce St. near Brooklyn Park)
- 133-unit affordable housing apartment complex by Vestcor
- Park Street road diet
- Planned narrowing of vehicle right-of-way along Park Street to accommodate the addition of bike lanes
Parkinggarage at Park & Forest
- A new parking garage is proposed for the current site of a city retention pond, to be built by Florida Blue and to include spaces set aside for public parking
- Residence Inn by Marriott (Forest and Magnolia streets)
- A new 136-room hotel planned next to Unity Plaza