Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
TRU BY HILTON JOINING TOWNEPLACE SUITES ON AIRPORT RD.
Tru by Hilton received a permit for the construction of a new five-story, 105-room hotel at 1265 Airport Rd.
The new $7.7 million hotel will replace a former Wendy’s building that sat vacant on the property for years before being demolished recently. This will be the Tru brand’s third Jacksonville location; its second location opened earlier this year in Mandarin. Another location is planned along Lenoir Ave. near Philips Hwy.
Inn of Jax LLC is the developer for the project. The company also plans to build a new TownePlace Suites by Marriott on the property.
MEMORIAL HEALTH REMODELING POTTER’S HOUSE BUILDING
Memorial Health received a permit for renovations to an existing building at 11876 Atlantic Blvd. within Atlantic West. The building was formerly home to Potter’s House Soul Food Bistro; it will become medical offices for Memorial following renovations.
- Bird Dog Land submitted plans for Blue Cypress Grove, a 24-lot subdivision off of University Blvd. N. near Emerald Bay Dr.
- Kaprao Restaurant received a permit for build-out at 14286 Beach Blvd.
- O2B Kids will open a new daycare location soon at 165 Veterans Pkwy. in St. Johns.
- First Baptist Academy received a permit for renovations to an existing building at 2300 Bartram Rd.
- Winn Dixie received a permit for renovations to an existing location at 11380 Beach Blvd.
- Divers Supply received a permit for build-out at 2225 St. Johns Bluff Rd. S.
- Baymeadows Park Dental received a permit for renovations to an existing building at 8130 Baymeadows Cr. W.
- A company connected to Kwik Trip Oil Co. received a permit for renovations to an existing gas station at 7148 Philips Hwy., including the remodel of its convenience store and the addition of a Subway restaurant.
- Amazon received a permit for $41 million in upgrades to its facility at 10501 Cold Storage Rd. within Imeson Park.