Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Toll Brothers moving forward on townhomes at East San Marco
Another component of the long-awaited East San Marco development is nearing construction.
Toll Brothers submitted plans for a five-building, 27-unit town-home development on a lot bound by Atlantic Blvd., Arcadia Pl., Alford Pl., and Minerva Ave., next to Fletcher Park. The townhomes will be part of the larger mixed-use East San Marco development, which also includes retail and restaurant space and will be anchored by Publix.
Construction on the retail portion of the project has already begun.
D.R. Horton planning new St. Johns community
D.R. Horton submitted plans for Ravenswood Village, a 322-lot subdivision off of Ravenswood Dr. in St. Johns. Those plans show 192 single-family lots, 130 townhome lots, and 176,703 square feet of park space on just over 65 acres of property.
- RCBF Properties is seeking city approval to rezone property at 3323 Loretto Rd. to be utilized for a 56-lot single-family subdivision.
- Pet Paradise is set to open at 1115 Fleming Plantation Blvd. in Fleming Island on May 19. It’ll be the company’s seventh location in Northeast Florida and its 22nd in the state.
- New Leaf Communities submitted plans for Tomahawk Lakes, a 149-lot subdivision off of Jacks Rd. near Little Sixmile Creek.
- Walmart received a permit for $3.3 million in renovations to its existing store at 12100 Lem Turner Rd.
- Carvana received a permit for build-out at 2501 Rolac Rd.
- Urgent Vet received a permit for build-out within Shoppes at Beachwalk.
- European Wax Center has been added to the list of future tenants within The Pavilion at Durbin Park.
- A permit was issued for the construction of a 5,000 square foot medical office building at 15480 Max Leggett Pkwy.