Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Wells Fargo Center undergoing lobby renovations
Wells Fargo Center is getting a major ground-floor and atrium update.
The building’s ownership group was granted two permits in relation to its planned reconfiguration of the building’s lobby and atrium. The first permit is for $1.7 million in renovations to the lobby and second-floor atrium, while the second involves longtime tenant Atrium Cafe & Grill. The eatery’s space will be given a refresh to modernize and create more open space.
The renovations are part of a larger, multi-million dollar overhaul of the tower, which was built in the early ’70s.
6,500+ residential units planned in Southwest Jax
Major changes are proposed for a sparsely-populated stretch of land along Normandy Blvd. in Southwest Jax.
Timber Forest Trail Investments is seeking to rezone over 3,200 acres of property along Normandy Blvd. between Maxville Middleburg Rd. and Soloman Rd., near the Duval-Clay county line and just south of the town of Baldwin in the Maxville neighborhood. Once rezoned, the land would be developed in multiple phases to include up to 6,540 residential units, as well as smaller-scale commercial and recreational uses.
Northside, Southwest Jax townhouse projects approved
Two new townhouse projects gained zoning approval this week:
- Duval Owens Signature received zoning approval to accommodate the development of up to 145 residential units at property north of Max Leggett Pkwy. between Hyatt Ln. and Owens Rd. Plans show a 138-unit development at the site that would serve as part of phase two of River City Station, along with planned senior living, medical, and commercial uses.
- Atlee Development Group received zoning approval to develop 21 acres of property at Morse Ave. and Rampart Rd. into a 136-unit duplex townhome community.
- Store Ease submitted plans for a 78,840-square-foot storage facility at 2748 Blanding Blvd. in Middleburg.
- Dollar General submitted plans for a new 10,640-square-foot building along Blanding Blvd. near Timuquana Rd.
- Target received a permit for $4.3 million in renovations to an existing SuperTarget location at 13740 Beach Blvd.
- Plans were submitted for a new 13,500-square-foot office building at 12276 San Jose Blvd.