Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Flagler Health submits Durbin Park campus plans
Flagler Health submitted plans this week for its future Durbin Park medical campus.
The healthcare provider’s plans show a 5-story, 218,477-square-foot Flagler Hospital building, a 3-story, 74,515-square-foot women’s health center, and a 9,220-square-foot accessory building along East Peyton Pkwy. and Flagler Health Way within Durbin Park.
The project will act as part of Durbin Park’s second phase, which is also expected to feature a commercial portion to be anchored by Bass Pro Shops, among other mixed-use elements.
And speaking of Durbin Park, two additional tenants have signed on for The Pavilion at Durbin Park: iCRYO and H.E.R.S. We’ve updated our list of future Durbin Park tenants to reflect these additions.
Work beginning on Independent Life building
Augustine Development Group is taking its first concrete steps toward redeveloping the historic Independent Life building in downtown Jacksonville.
The development company received a permit to begin interior demolition as well as lead and asbestos remediation within the structure at 233 W. Duval St.
The company plans to convert the historic office tower into apartment units, a grocery store, a restaurant, and a rooftop lounge.
Zoning updates: Lenox Cove, Ortega Senior Living, Broward Key
Some miscellaneous zoning items from this week:
- Lenox Cove Apartments LLC is seeking to rezone property at 8737 Baymeadows Rd. to allow for multifamily apartment units. The property is currently home to a former Hawthorn Suites hotel; the applicant wants to convert the existing structure into a 116-unit apartment complex.
- Vestcor is seeking to rezone property along Lakeside Dr. near Ortega River to allow for the construction of Ortega Senior Living, a new 120-unit, senior-focused community.
- D.R. Horton is seeking to rezone property at Main St. and Broward Rd. near the Trout River Bridge to build Broward Key, a 243-lot single-family gated community.
- SouthBeach Restaurant received a permit for build-out within the former Trophies Sportsbar and Lounge building at 6347 Philips Hwy.
- Earthworks submitted plans for the construction of a new 22,400-square-foot building at 1119 St. Johns Bluff Rd., as well as a future 21,000-square-foot structure listed as “phase two.”
- CT Realty submitted plans for Florida Gateway Logistics Center, a three-building complex with a combined 1.7 million square feet of space at Cisco Rd. and Jones Rd. Those plans also show property set aside for five additional future buildings.
- Centurion Boat and RV Storage received a permit for build-out at 4665 Collins Rd.
- Inoptix Eyewear received a permit for build-out at 7840 Gate Pkwy.
- Coxwell Training received a permit for the construction of a 2,100-square-foot addition to an existing building at 2881 Lloyd Rd.
- BINZ Self Storage submitted plans for a seven-building self-storage complex at 10777 103rd St.