Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Pulte Homes adding communities in St. Johns, Wildlight
Pulte Homes is bringing new communities to St. Johns and Wildlight.
Plans for Summer Bay at Grand Oaks, a 55+ community with 306 single-family home sites, were revealed by the company this past week. It’s set to include over an acre of recreational space with pickleball and bocce courts, as well as a dog park, fitness center, social room, pool, and lounge. New homes within the community, which will be located along SR-16 near the outlet malls, are expected to start in the low $300,000s. The community is expected to open in early 2022 as part of the larger Grand Oaks master-planned community.
Pulte was also announced as an additional homebuilder within Wildlight in Nassau County. The company will build 85 single-family homes within phase two of the Forest Park neighborhood, joining Riverside Homes and Mattamy Homes among the neighborhood’s options. Homes in this community will also start in the low $300,000s. Pulte is also developing a Del Webb active-adult community in Wildlight, set to debut in 2022.
The Amara Med Spa expanding to Avondale, Town Center
The Amara Med Spa is expanding, adding new locations in Avondale and at the St. Johns Town Center.
The “luxury medical spa,” currently based in Ponte Vedra, received a permit for build-out at 3635 St. Johns Ave. in Avondale, and at 4853 Big Island Dr. within St. Johns Town Center.
The spa’s future Avondale spot was previously occupied by a boutique shop; its Town Center location was previously occupied by Thomasville Furniture.
St. Johns updates
New tenants were revealed for multiple St. Johns-area retail developments:
- Wendy’s will join Shoppes at Beachwalk.
- Sweet Cravings by Shar will join The Fountains at St. Johns.
- Poppy’s Italiano is coming to The Forum at Greenbriar.
All three have been added to our running list of new retail tenants in St. Johns.
- Gate Petroleum submitted plans for a new gas station, convenience store, and Gate Express Car Wash location at Shoppes of Ponte Vedra along A1A North in Ponte Vedra.
- Burn Boot Camp received a permit for build-out at 10950 San Jose Blvd.
- Community Hospice received a permit for build-out at 12276 San Jose Blvd.
- Pizza Pizza Pizza received a permit for build-out at 725 Skymarks Dr. within River City Marketplace.
- The Broach School received a permit for renovations at 5940 Beach Blvd.
- Jacksonville Port Authority received permits for the demolition of three structures at 2002 18th St. E., 2040 19th St. E., and 2052 19th St. E.
- Video Game Rescue received a permit for build-out at 10059 San Jose Blvd.
- Spritzy Laundromat received a permit for renovations at 5606 Normandy Blvd.
- Trinity Baptist College submitted plans for a new 15,000-square-foot building at 800 Hammond Blvd.
- Domino’s received a permit for renovations at 9680 Argyle Forest Blvd.
- Rethreaded received a permit for renovations at 515 9th St. E.
- Bold Line Design received a permit for build-out at 12636 San Jose Blvd.
- Wingstop received a permit for renovations at 1038 Dunn Ave.
- Jacksonville Speech & Hearing Center received a permit for renovations at 14595 Philips Hwy
Leave a Reply