Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
DDRB reviewing Related Group plans for RCBC apartments
The city’s Downtown Development Review Board is reviewing plans for a multifamily residential complex at the current site of River City Brewing Co.
The project, proposed by Miami-based Related Group, would turn RCBC’s Southbank property into an eight-story, 333-unit multifamily residential complex with an accompanying eight-story parking garage.
The submitted site plan also shows three courtyards and a riverfront “pool court,” with two rooftop terraces and one-, two-, and three-bedroom units available. An additional later phase would add a restaurant next to Friendship Fountain Park.
Related Group has an agreement in place to buy out River City Brewing Co.’s lease on the property.
Gate building in San Pablo, Ponte Vedra
Gate Petroleum received permits for the construction of two new locations this week.
One will be located at 4121 San Pablo Pkwy. in Jacksonville, while the other will be at 280 A1A N. in Ponte Vedra.
St. Johns updates
Several future commercial tenants in St. Johns received permits to begin their build-outs:
- Pediatric Associates received a permit for build-out within Bartram Market.
- Domino’s Pizza and Anderson Realty received permits for build-out at 185 Murabella Pkwy. within the second phase of Markets at Murabella.
- First Coast Surgery Center received a permit for build-out at 206 Ashourian Ave. within The Forum at Greenbriar.
- ALDI received a permit for construction within Durbin Creek Crossing.
- Natural Greens Cafe and America’s Best Eyeglasses and Contacts each received permits for build-out within The Pavilion at Durbin Park.
Click here for more on northern St. Johns development.
- Travelcamp submitted plans for a new 10,692-square-foot maintenance shop and 6,467-square-foot office/showroom at 1150 Blanding Blvd. in Orange Park.