Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
The Great Greek coming to Shoppes of St. Johns Parkway
Northern St. Johns has landed another new future tenant: The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill.
The Great Greek received a permit for build-out in a unit located within The Shoppes of St. Johns Parkway. The chain has locations in seven states including Florida; this would be its first North Florida location.
It joins 1928 Cuban Bistro, Al Dente’s, Canopy Road Café, Ember and Iron, and Whataburger among the restaurant options within the retail center, which is located at CR-210 and St. Johns Parkway.
Concealment Express seeks DDRB approval for Southbank HQ
Concealment Express is looking to gain DDRB approval to renovate a Southbank building for its new headquarters and showroom. The company submitted a conceptual review request to overhaul an existing two-story building at 1451 Louisa St., next to the new Soba apartment complex.
The company, currently based off of 103rd St., sells American-made gun holsters.
The project is expected to receive an initial rejection from DDRB, as its proposed vertical architectural signage addition does not meet city standards.
- Charley’s Wings and Philly Steaks received a permit for build-out at 9840 San Jose Blvd.
- First Florida Credit Union received a permit for build-out at 12929 Atlantic Blvd.
- The Pillars Club, a cigar bar, received a permit for build-out at 232 W. Adams St.
- Atlantic Dentistry received a permit for build-out at 13920 Old St. Augustine Rd.
- Mi Pueblo received a permit for build-out at 11915 Beach Blvd.
- The Juicy Crab received a permit for renovations to a former Sticky Fingers restaurant building at 13150 City Station Dr. within River City Marketplace.
- Culver’s received a permit for construction at 7818 Gate Pkwy.
- Standard Sand & Silica received a permit for renovations at 2619 Philips Hwy.
- Legacy Cuts received a permit for build-out at 903 N. University Blvd.