Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Whataburger now open in St. Johns
Whataburger is now open in St. Johns.
The burger chain’s new location at 2850 CR-210 W. within Shoppes of St. Johns Parkway debuted earlier this week. The location, Whatburger’s first in St. Johns, features double drive-thru lanes that will be open 24/7.
In addition to this location, Whataburger will be opening another new Jax-area location at 8239 Old Middleburg Rd. S., adjacent to Oakleaf Town Center. It plans to open that location later this spring.
- Starbucks submitted plans for a new coffee shop within Durbin Creek Crossing.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of an existing building at 100 Southside Blvd.; Circle K is planning to build a convenience store and gas station at the site.
- Furniture Source received a permit for build-out within the former Sears anchor store location at The Avenues Mall.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of a former SunTrust branch location at 11567 San Jose Blvd.
- Kyuramen received a permit for build-out at 9846 Old Baymeadows Rd.
- Tru by Hilton received a permit for the construction of an 82-room hotel at 4142 Perimeter Industrial Pkwy. W.