Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Whataburger adding Mandarin location
Whataburger isn’t done with its expansion in the Jacksonville area.
The burger chain, which recently debuted a new location at The Shoppes of St. Johns Parkway, has now received a permit for the construction of a new location at 10600 San Jose Blvd. in Mandarin, near I-295. The property was previously home to a Wells Fargo branch location; that building was demolished earlier this year.
It will be the first Whataburger in the Mandarin neighborhood.
- Lilly Grace received a permit for build-out within The Pavilion at Durbin Park.
- Plans were submitted for a new restaurant building at 9172 Baymeadows Rd.; Checkers is the anticipated tenant.
- My Salon Suites received a permit for build-out within the ground floor at 220 Riverside Ave.
- Wawa received a permit for the construction of a new gas station and convenience store at 7790 Gate Pkwy.
- Tractor Supply received a permit for the construction of a new store at 8984 Normandy Blvd.