Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Dick Mondell’s Burgers & Fries planning Jax Beach location
Dick Mondell’s Burgers & Fries submitted plans for a 1,136-square-foot restaurant building at 1177 3rd St. S.
The Gainesville-based eatery serves a menu of burgers and salads. The new Jax Beach location would take the place of a former carwash facility that will be demolished to accommodate the project. It would be the eatery’s first Jacksonville-area location as well as its second overall location.
State records show that a Tallahassee location is planned as well, as its third location.
Four Seasons plans submitted
Plans were submitted for the construction of a Four Seasons Hotel along the Northbank in downtown Jacksonville. The hotel, planned by Shad Khan and the Jaguars, will be 12 stories tall and feature 174 rooms. The plans also show 25 residential units, as well as a ground-floor restaurant and a future adjacent 8-story office complex with a coffee shop.
Construction could begin as soon as this fall.
- Plans were submitted for Artea, a four-story, 340-unit multifamily residential complex between Broadcast Pl. and Montana Ave. near I-95 on the Southbank.
- Ellianos Coffee received a permit for the construction of a coffee shop building at 619 Chaffee Rd. S.
- The Energy Authority received multiple permits related to its build-out within Riverplace Tower.
- Starbucks received a permit for the construction of a coffee shop building at 3725 Philips Hwy.
- TD Bank received a permit for renovations at 5665 Normandy Blvd.