Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Bolles building $25 million Center for Innovation
The Bolles School submitted plans for a 3-story, 44,868-square-foot Center for Innovation building along the St. Johns River at its San Jose campus.
The $25 million project was announced by the school late last month. It will feature math, science, and technology classrooms, including a robotics center and a virtual dissection lab.
It marks the largest construction project at the campus since it became a school. The property was originally designed as San Jose Hotel.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of St. Augustine Outlets in St. Johns County. The mall will be replaced by a mixed-use development.
- Popeyes submitted plans for a new restaurant building at 6765 Dunn Ave.
- Chiqiburger Bar & Grill received a permit for build-out at 9865 Beach Blvd.
- Waffle House received a permit for the construction of a new restaurant building at 2688 Firestone Rd.
- Wawa received a permit for the construction of a new gas station and convenience store at 972 Cassat Ave.