Underbelly back in downtown Jax
Underbelly is officially back in business.
The music venue received a certificate of use at 113 E. Bay St. – the same spot where it existed during the mid-2010s prior to shutting down. The popular downtown spot is being revived by the team behind the nearby 1904 Music Hall.
The venue has been quietly hosting shows for roughly a month now, but it will hold its official re-opening party on September 30.
Daybreak Market planned at Beachwalk
Daybreak Market submitted plans for a new convenience store and gas station at CR-210 W and Beachwalk Shore Dr. within Beachwalk.
The new-to-market chain is also evaluating several other Jax-area locations. Based on existing locations elsewhere, the chain offers a menu of fresh food and is associated with 76-branded gas stations.
It joins confirmed tenants at Beachwalk that include Jimmy Hula’s, Huey Magoo’s, and Whiskey Joe’s Bar and Grill.
We’ve added it to our running list of future tenants out there.
- Kiko Sushi and Ramen received a permit for build-out at 7111 Bonneval Rd.
- Grace Community Church submitted plans for a 11,270-square-foot expansion to its existing campus at 10938 Hood Rd. S.
- Starbucks received a permit for build-out at 14390 Mayo Blvd. within Mayo Clinic’s campus.
- Vantage Point Coffee Co. received a permit for build-out at 1301 Monument Rd.
- City Rescue Mission Thrift Store received a permit for build-out at 7200 Normandy Blvd.
- Belfort Landing LLC is seeking to rezone property along Belfort Rd. near Hogan Rd. to allow for the development of a 60-unit townhome community.