DURBIN CREEK CROSSING MOVING FORWARD
Plans were submitted this week for Durbin Creek Crossing, a mixed-use development at the corner of Race Track Rd. and St. Johns Pkwy. in northern St. Johns County.
Those plans show ten different outparcels available for commercial development, along with 31 acres set aside for residential development.
Multiple tenants have been announced for the project, including ALDI, ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, Circle K, Florida First Credit Union, and Tire Kingdom. The residential component of the project is expected to deliver 400 multifamily units in the form of apartments and townhomes.
The project will be located down the street from the first phase of Durbin Park.
COLLIERS REPORT SHOWS OFFICE, INDUSTRIAL LEASING RATE GROWTH
Colliers International Northeast Florida recently released its quarterly office and industrial reports for the third quarter.
The reports show that, despite slight rises in vacancy, both office and industrial leasing rates have increased. Average industrial rent is up to $6.50 per square foot, while office rent is at $20.94 per square foot on average. The industrial rent number is up 6.2% from the same time last year.
Much of the increase in price can be attributed to the addition of several new industrial and office developments. This can also explain the rise in vacancies, as some of that new space is still in the process of being leased.
- Blue Bamboo submitted its plans to renovate and expand an existing building at 10110 San Jose Blvd. into its second area location.
- Foot Locker plans to relocate within The Avenues Mall and received a permit for build-out of its new unit.
- Florida Cracker Kitchen received a permit for build-out at 1842 Kings Ave. It will be the breakfast eatery’s second area location.
- Baptist Health received a permit to add a pedestrian bridge connecting its future entry building to an existing parking garage at its downtown campus.
- First Coast Orthopedic Center received a permit in relation to its new building at 4035 Southpoint Pkwy.
- Celebration Church received a permit for the construction of a new, 32,195 sq. ft. building at 9555 R.G. Skinner Pkwy.
- Furniture store Agnes Agatha plans to permanently close its location at 8081 Philips Hwy.