In this week’s Building Up Jax, details emerge about some very exciting new business additions to the First Coast.
Three big deals were announced this week to bring major business, and job, growth to the First Coast. According to Jax Daily Record, Fidelity National Information Services, accounting firm Ernst & Young, and an unidentified “Project Star” will combine to create approximately 800 new jobs in Jacksonville.
The Fidelity National Information Services project, previously referred to in city records as “Project Revere”, will bring 250 new IT jobs to an office expected to be located in the Southbank area. Ernst & Young’s “Project Omega” calls for 450 new jobs as well as $6 million worth of investments from the company; its expected location is currently unknown. “Project Star”, which according to JDR matches records for City Refrigeration, would bring an additional 100 jobs and potentially up to $5.7 million of investment money. They are expected to be based in the Southside area, having filed permits with the city for a location off of Butler Blvd in the Cypress Point office park.
- The Bealls Outlet at Beach/Hodges will undergo a $610,000 renovation
- Normandy Blvd’s U-Haul location will get upgrades valued at over $1.1 million
(Both updates via city records)
A Few Notes
- Pilot has been issued three different permits totaling over $4.1 million to build a new truck stop at 4075 Jones Branch Blvd near I-295
- A new Hurricane Grill & Wings location opens Monday in Bartram Park, via Jacksonville.com
- According to Jax Daily Record, popular Jacksonville-based coffee company Pura Bean will open its first physical location at 14286 Beach Blvd near Eleven:22 church.