SAN MARCO PROMENADE COMPLETES PHASE ONE
The first phase of San Marco Promenade, a new 284-unit multifamily residential community in eastern San Marco, has been completed and is now leasing.
The development, led by Chance Partners, features one-, two-, and three-bedroom units, plus a fitness center, outdoor fitness park, dog spa, and dog park. Contactless tours are available via their website.
Chance Partners also submitted plans this week related to the project’s second phase, which is expected to add 226 more residential units along with a possible retail component.
PLANS SUBMITTED FOR EAST SAN MARCO
Plans were submitted this week for the long-proposed East San Marco mixed-use development.
Those plans show a 39,000 sq. ft. Publix grocery store with a 1,400 sq. ft. liquor store, as well as two retail buildings totaling over 18,000 sq. ft. of space.
TWO PROJECTS UP FOR CITY, STATE INCENTIVES
Two new, similar projects were introduced by city council this week – Project Skateboard and Project Cyclone – that both seek city and state incentives for local job creation.
The unnamed companies involved in each project both currently operate in Jacksonville but are seeking to expand their local presence. Project Skateboard seeks $1.8 million in incentives – $360,000 from the city, $1,440,000 from the state – to create 300 new jobs locally. Project Cyclone, meanwhile, wants $500,000 in incentives – $100,000 from the city, $400,000 from the state – to create 100 new local jobs.
If both projects are approved by council, 400 new jobs would be created locally, with the city spending $460,000.
- Connect Church received a permit in relation to the construction of a new church building at 13056 Perdue Rd.
- Navy Federal Credit Union received a permit for renovations to its existing branch location at 9583 Regency Square Blvd.
- Gate received a permit for construction of a new convenience store and gas station at 4234 Dunn Ave.
- VyStar Credit Union received a permit to add exterior LED edge lighting to the VyStar Tower at 76 S. Laura St.
- Trinity Baptist Church received a permit for the construction of a new baseball clubhouse at 800 Hammond Blvd.
- Jacksonville Independent Living LLC submitted plans for Amare Vita Independent Living, an independent living facility at 10660 Validus Dr. near Gateway Village at Town Center.
- Cornerstone Classical Academy submitted plans for a new two-story school building at 2360 St. Johns Bluff Rd. S.
- San Jose Imaging Center received a permit for renovations to an existing building at 10696 Old St. Augustine Rd.
- Triad Financial Services received a permit for build-out at 13901 Sutton Park Dr. S.
- Wicker Smith received a permit for renovations within 50 N. Laura St.
- Episcopal School of Jacksonville received a permit for renovations to an existing building at 1362 St. Elmo Dr. for use as classroom space.
- SS&C Technologies received a permit for build-out at 9000 Southside Blvd.