Five Points eatery Crane Ramen is introducing a new eight-week special of buns inspired by Jacksonville’s local sports teams.
The buns will each be available on Wednesdays and Thursdays and will start at $7 for two buns. Guests will receive a punch card and, once they’ve tried seven of the eight buns, they’ll also get a special “Suns Out Buns Out” T-shirt designed by a local artist and inspired by the mascots of our local sports teams.
Here is the schedule of bun specials and the details for each:
- Week 1: Armada (Jun 26/27) – Fried sardine with beurre blanc espuma
- Week 2: New Jax City (Jul 10/11) – Confit lemon and blue crab with fried crunchy crab toppings
- Week 3: Sharks (Jul 17/18) – Gumbo bun
- Week 4: Jumbo Shrimp (Jul 24/25) – Mayport shrimp burger with tomato marmalade
- Week 5: Axemen (Jul 31/Aug 1) – Jacksonville “hot chicken” with sweet coleslaw
- Week 6: Icemen (Aug 7/8) – Roast beef with caramelized onions and parmesan cheese
- Week 7: Jaguars (Aug 14/15) – Fried pork belly with oxtail gravy
- Week 8: Giants (Aug 21/22) – Duck confit with avocado
The summer bun specials menu was designed by the restaurant’s chef, Steve Grimes.
“I wanted more people to be aware of Crane Ramen and that we offer more than just ramen,” said Grimes. “I figured one of the best ways to do that would be through sports, especially in Jacksonville, where people have tons of pride for their city and teams.”
Crane Ramen is located at 1029 Park Street within the Five Points commercial district.