ART-CENTRIC RESIDENTIAL BUILDING PLANNED DOWNTOWN
527 Duval Street LLC received initial approval to build a mixed-use, art-centric project at Washington and Duval streets in downtown Jax’s Cathedral District.
Plans show a four-story building featuring 45 residential living units as well as 27,000 sq. ft. of art gallery, studio, and classroom space.
The project was given approval by the city’s Downtown Development Review Board. It’s expected to begin construction next year and to be completed by mid-2021.
OCEAN DUNES PLANNED FOR PONTE VEDRA
McGarvey Residential Communities announced this week that it plans to develop Ocean Dunes, a 12-home residential community located along Ponte Vedra Blvd.
The homes will overlook the nearby Guana Preserve and will have private boardwalk access to the beach and will also have the option to build boardwalks to the Guana River.
BEACH ROAD CHICKEN BUILDING FINDS NEW OWNERS
The former Beach Road Chicken Dinners building at 4132 Atlantic Blvd. has been purchased and will be converted into Beach Road Fish House & Oyster Bar, a new concept from the owners of OP Fish House & Oyster Bar.
MULTI-TENANT COMMERCIAL PROJECT IN LAVILLA
Developer Joe Loretta is seeking to expand and redevelop an existing building at 530 W. Union St. at a cost of $1.5 million.
The application to the Downtown Investment Authority regarding the project shows plans for a four-tenant commercial building.
The building was most recently in use as a check-cashing business.
- Kazu Sushi Burrito received permits for build-out for two future Southside locations: one at 4600 Tropea Way within Town Center Promenade and at 4549 Southside Blvd. within Tinseltown Plaza.
- Vestcor’s four-story, 133-unit Lofts at Brooklyn apartment complex project was given approval from the Downtown Development Review Board. The complex will be located next to Brooklyn Park near McCoy’s Creek.
- Beirut Restaurant received a permit to expand into an adjacent unit within the shopping strip at 3928 Baymeadows Rd.
- Aspen Dental submitted plans to build a new standalone clinic at 9940 Southside Blvd. near The Avenues Mall.
- Plans were submitted for a new TRU Hotel at 2960 Hartley Rd.
- Celebration Church received a permit for build-out at 9400 Atlantic Blvd.
- Great Clips received a permit for build-out at 10618 Deerwood Park Blvd. within Gateway Village at Town Center.
- 1748 Bakehouse received a permit for build-out at 1748 N. Main St.