WHISPERS OYSTER BAR TO OPEN DOWNTOWN
Whispers Oyster Bar & Seafood plans to open soon at 331 W. Forsyth St.
Not much is known yet about Whispers, but it appears to be related to two other area restaurants: Whispers Restaurant & Lounge on Atlantic Blvd., and Whispers Oyster Bar & Crabs in Orange Park.
The downtown Jacksonville space it will lease
PROGRESS AT BROOKLYN PLACE
Plans were submitted this week for Brooklyn Place, a 4-unit retail and restaurant development that will be adjacent to the existing Brooklyn Station shopping center along Riverside Ave.
The plans show three smaller units ranging from 1,900 to 2,600 sq. ft. in size, and a fourth, 4,348 sq. ft. unit separated from the others by a small walkway. A total of 150 additional parking spaces are also included in the plans.
The retail strip has been planned for some time now, but the submission of documents indicates that the project is ready to move forward. Chipotle is expected as one of the tenants for the project.
SS&C TECHNOLOGIES EXPANDS AT GRAMMERCY WOODS
SS&C Technologies, Inc. has expanded their presence within Southside office park Grammercy Woods.
The company was previously leasing around 70% of Building 700, located at 9000 Southside Blvd. It will now take over the full 106,957 sq. ft. of leasable space, bringing the 117,900 sq. ft. building to 100% occupancy.
Colliers International Northeast Florida facilitated the lease agreement. Chuck Diebel, Wade Powers, Matt
- Providence Homes, through a related LLC, submitted plans for Kettering at E-Town, a 133-lot single-family subdivision on 37.5 acres of land in the master-planned E-Town development.
- As we noted earlier in the week, Duluth Trading Co. is now open at River City Marketplace.
- Baptist Health received a permit to demolish a small building at 999 Prudential Dr.; Realco Recycling Company is the listed contractor for the job.
- Plans were submitted for a three-story self-storage building at the corner of Race Track Rd. and St. Johns Pkwy., just down the street from The Pavilion at Durbin Park.
- Cannabis dispensary Curaleaf opened its second Jax-area location at 495 Blanding Blvd. in Orange Park.
- UBS Financial Services received a permit for build-out within Town Center One at 5555 Gate Pkwy. The building is anchored by Availity.