CENTERSTATE BANK BUILDING IN RIVERSIDE TO GET REVAMP
The city’s historic preservation committee conditionally approved the demolition of the CenterState Bank building at 1232 King St.
According to the demolition proposal submitted to the committee, the property would then be redeveloped to feature multi-family residential units and ground-floor retail, as well as a smaller branch location for CenterState Bank. More detailed plans will be submitted once the planned demolition occurs.
The existing building was constructed in 1952 and has been modified several times since. Much of it sits unoccupied, as CenterState Bank no longer needs the majority of the space available.
KHAN’S IGUANA INVESTMENTS SUBMITS SHIPYARDS PLANS
As we noted earlier in the week, Shad Khan’s Iguana Investments has submitted its plans for a state-of-the-art convention center and hotel at the site of the former Shipyards downtown.
VYSTAR BUYS SUNTRUST TOWER
Another story we noted earlier in the week is VyStar Credit Union’s purchase of SunTrust Tower downtown. The company’s move to their new HQ building should be completed within the next year.
- ULTA Beauty received a permit for build-out of its new location at 4397 Roosevelt Blvd. in Roosevelt Square.
- Keke’s Breakfast Café received a permit for build-out in its new spot in The Strand at Town Center.
- Live Bakery at 327 Bay St. has closed permanently after less than six months of operation.
- The former Greyhound bus station at 10 N. Pearl St. is set to be demolished, according to Jax Daily Record.
- Walmart received permits for renovation of its locations at 10991 San Jose Blvd. and 9890 Hutchinson Park Dr.
- UNF submitted plans to make pedestrian improvements to Osprey Ridge Rd.
- Panera Bread submitted plans for a new 3,100 square foot restaurant building with a drive-thru lane at 880 A1A N. in Ponte Vedra.