Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
SUGARFIRE SMOKEHOUSE PERMITTED FOR BUILD-OUT IN EAST ARLINGTON
Sugarfire Smokehouse is headed to East Arlington.
The St. Louis-based BBQ chain received a permit for build-out at 12959 Atlantic Blvd. It will occupy a former Panera Bread location within an outparcel building that also features Sprint and Moe’s Southwest Grill as tenants.
Sugarfire serves a menu of St. Louis-style BBQ dishes. The Atlantic Blvd. location, which will be locally owned and operated as a franchise location, will be the chain’s first location in both Jacksonville and the entire state of Florida.
WAWA MOVES FORWARD AT EDGEWOOD/COMMONWEALTH
After three years of planning, Wawa is ready to build at Edgewood and Commonwealth.
The popular convenience store chain received a permit for the construction of a new gas station and convenience store at 1004 Edgewood Ave. N. The property had previously been identified as a future Wawa site as early as 2017.
Wawa currently operates a dozen locations locally, with at least another dozen proposed for the future.
- Chick-fil-A received a permit for the construction of a new restaurant building at 3814 University Blvd. W. The property was previously home to Krispy Kreme, whose old building will be demolished.
- Culver’s submitted plans for a new restaurant building at Gate Pkwy. and Point Meadows Dr.
- Florida Paint Supply received a permit for build-out at 2225 St. Johns Bluff Rd. S.
- One Main Financial received a permit for build-out at 8102 Blanding Blvd.
- Chase Bank submitted plans for a new 3,400-square-foot branch location at 5000 SR-16 within World Commerce Center in St. Johns County.
- Flo’s Premium Icecream received a permit for build-out at 880 A1A N. in Ponte Vedra Beach.
- Rukus Cycling Studio received a permit for build-out within Bartram Market in northern St. Johns County.
- Hines & Jolles received a permit for build-out at 10375 Centurion Pkwy. N.
- AutoZone received a permit for the construction of a new 6,446-square-foot store at 6765 Dunn Ave.
- Christian Fellowship Baptist Church received a permit for the construction of a new church building at 4820 Richard St.
- Nationwide Parts received a permit for build-out at 3611 St. Johns Bluff Rd. S.
- FedEx received a permit for build-out at 9779 Pritchard Rd.