Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Rooms To Go coming to Markets at Town Center
Rooms To Go is coming to the Town Center area.
The furniture retailer received a permit for its $3.25 million build-out at 4875 Town Center Pkwy. within The Markets at Town Center. It will take over space that was previously occupied by Toys ‘R’ Us and Babies ‘R’ Us, in an 84,880-square-foot unit next to Sprouts Farmers Market. The permit specifies significant interior renovations as well as minor exterior façade upgrades.
The chain currently has two existing Jax locations: one at 11030 Philips Hwy. near The Avenues, and another at 9278 Arlington Expy. near Regency Square Mall.
Boulevard Crossing updates
Things are starting to progress nicely at the planned Boulevard Crossing development at Beach and University boulevards.
AT&T received a permit for build-out within an outparcel building at 5753 Beach Blvd., where it will be joined soon by Starbucks. Meanwhile, a permit was issued for the redevelopment of an adjacent former Kmart building at 5751 Beach Blvd. into a $3.4 million self-storage facility.
The storage facility is a separate project from Boulevard Crossing, which consists primarily of outparcel buildings along Beach Blvd.
New single-family communities
Skinner Bros. Realty submitted plans for Creekside Manor, a new 28-lot single-family subdivision with a 15,000-square-foot park, located off of New Berlin Rd. near Dunn Creek Rd.
KB Home submitted plans for Brookside Preserve, a 244-lot single-family subdivision with an amenity center and recreation space, located off of Russell Sampson Rd. near I-95 and CR-210 in St. Johns.
D.R. Horton submitted plans for a new 110-lot single-family subdivision off of Townsend Rd. near Jammes Rd.
- Multiple permits were issued for the construction of retail shell buildings within the planned East San Marco development at 2039 Hendricks Ave.
- Pepper’s Mexican Grill submitted plans for a new restaurant building within Durbin Creek Crossing in St. Johns.
- One Call received a permit for renovations to the fifth and sixth floor of its building at 841 Prudential Dr.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites submitted plans for a new four-story, 100-room hotel off of Suemac Rd. near I-295 and Commonwealth Ave.
- Assured Partners received a permit for build-out at 8659 Baypine Rd.
- Walmart received a permit to remodel its existing locations at River City Marketplace and Collins Town Center.
- Plans were submitted for a new Woodspring Suites hotel building at 1539 Wells Rd. in Orange Park.