Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Beach Bowl to make comeback with $7.5 million renovation
Beach Bowl in Jax Beach has plans to reopen after a major overhaul.
H&H Enterprises received approval from Jax Beach’s Board of Adjustments for a $7.5 million redevelopment project that would revive the bowling alley at 818 Beach Blvd., which was once a long-time pillar of the community. Plans show the addition of a new two-story section to the existing building; renderings show what appears to be a restaurant and bar within the new space. Also included in the submitted plans is a re-engineered parking lot.
The venue had been part of the Jax Beach community since its construction in 1958 before closing in 2019.
Sunrise Surf Shop, which sits on an outparcel building within the Beach Bowl property, is not expected to be impacted by the project.
- Scannell Properties received a permit for the construction of a $5 million, 85,000-square-foot shell building at 2700 Powers Ave.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of a former Wendy’s restaurant building at 1265 Airport Rd.
- Zen & Ginger received a permit for build-out at 304 Ashourian Ave. within The Forum at Greenbriar in St. Johns.
- Crumbl Cookie received a permit for build-out at 3267 Hodges Blvd.
- RaceTrac submitted plans for a new gas station and convenience store at 6635 Pritchard Rd.