Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Related Group debuts Azure beachfront condos
Related Group announced that it is set to begin sales for Azure, its new beachfront boutique condominium development.
The nine-story building features 26 condominium units, ranging in size from 2,400 to 6,500 square feet. Designed by Arquitectonica, the building also features a fitness center, steam room, sauna, massage room, oceanfront pool deck, and a poolside bar. The units range in price from $1.5 million to $6.5 million.
The development is Related Group’s first project in the Jacksonville area; it also plans to redevelop the River City Brewing Company property in downtown Jax.
Jacksonville University planning basketball facility
Over a year after disbanding its football team, Jacksonville University is ready to double down on basketball.
The university submitted plans for a new basketball training and performance center at 2800 University Blvd. N. Plans show a building featuring two indoor basketball courts, coaches’ offices, and a weight training room among other amenities.
Subdivision, senior housing, and apartments submitted for zoning approval
When city council meets next week, it will hear several new zoning-related ordinances for the first time. Here are a few of the most notable applicants:
- The Southside Church of God in Christ is seeking to rezone undeveloped property it owns at 2179 Emerson St. to allow for residential uses. If approved, Smith-Henzy Advisory Group plans to redevelop the property as The Village at Southside, a senior apartment community with up to 187 units.
- Approval is sought to allow approximately 56 acres of property at 4601-4850 Cedar Point Rd. to be rezoned. If approved, the property would be redeveloped as Wingate Landing, a 111-home single-family community from Pulte Homes.
- Aventon Companies is seeking to rezone property along Philips Hwy. near Wells Creek Pkwy. to allow for the development of a new veterinarian office as well as a 324-unit apartment community with a clubhouse, pool, and dog park.
- Ashley Home Store received a permit to renovate its existing unit within St. Johns Town Center.
- Kohl’s received a permit for the build-out of a Sephora mini-store within its existing location at 13760 Old St. Augustine Rd.
- Axionlog received a permit for the construction of a new $2.9 million warehouse facility at 11370 New Berlin Rd.
- Walmart submitted plans for a new 205,000-square-foot store, plus an accompanying gas station, at Oakleaf Plantation Pkwy. and Cecil Connector Rd. Those plans also show seven outparcels for development.
- Great Clips received a permit for build-out at 11018 Old St. Augustine Rd.
- Regions Bank received a permit for the addition of a rooftop signage structure at 51 W. Bay St.
- IV therapy clinic The DRIPBaR will open on June 22 at 12675 Beach Blvd. within Tamaya Market.
- CNS Health Care received a permit for build-out at 5200 Belfort Rd.
- Florida Blue received a permit for $4.6 million in interior renovations to its building at 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy.