REC ROOM OPENS IN FIVE POINTS
Rec Room Arcade and Bar is now open in Five Points.
Hatched from the minds behind San Marco’s popular BBQ eatery The Bearded Pig, Rec Room pays homage to both ‘70s-era aesthetics and the heyday of arcades. The 1,550 square foot space has been decked out in distinctively vintage décor and features over a dozen classic arcade games, including classics like Pac Man and TRON. The bar serves wine and a selection of local and national beer.
It took over the former CASK Wine Bar spot at 1049 Park St. within Five Points, and it joins downtown’s GLHF Game Bar and Riverside’s Keg and Coin among the growing trend of arcade bars in Jacksonville.
MATTRESS FIRM DECLARES BANKRUPTCY
Mattress Firm announced this past week that it will close up to 700 stores as part of bankruptcy proceedings.
So far, it has announced 200 of those 700 locations. Only one Jax location, 6337 Roosevelt Blvd., was included in the first round of cuts. Future closures will mostly affect locations that are in excessively close proximity to each other, according to the company.
A PAIR OF ALDI UPDATES
ALDI received a permit for renovations within its location at 9041 Southside Blvd. It also received a permit to construct a new location at 9445 Argyle Forest Blvd. within Oakleaf Town Center.
- AutoZone received a permit for construction on a new location at 1286 Dunn Ave.
- Plans were submitted for a GATE Express Carwash at Old St. Augustine Rd. and Barkoskie Rd.
- Terk Oncology submitted plans for a 1,360 square foot addition to their existing facility.
- Nudo Vietnamese Restaurant received a permit for build-out at 10111 San Jose Blvd.
- Bailey’s Gym received a permit for build-out at 3000 Dunn Ave.
- VyStar Credit Union submitted plans for a new branch location at 2890 University Blvd. W.
- Aspen Dental received a permit for interior build-out at its new location currently under construction at 10502 San Jose Blvd.
- Krystal submitted a permit to rebuild its location at 5707 University Blvd.