Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
352-UNIT FOUNTAINHEAD APARTMENTS PLANNED AT FLAGLER CENTER
A new apartment complex is coming to Flagler Center.
Plans were submitted for Fountainhead Apartments, a nine-building, 352-unit apartment complex at Kenan Dr. and Corklan Dr. within the busy multi-use center. Plans show apartment buildings as well as a clubhouse, a pool, 17,300 sq. ft. of recreation space, a 24,250 sq. ft. kids’ playground, and a 22,700 sq. ft. dog park.
Here’s how the units break down: 141 one-bedroom, 130 two-bedroom, and 81 three-bedroom units, providing room for an estimated total of just under 700 residents.
The project is being developed by Fort Family Investments.
- Anheuser Busch received a permit to demolish and rebuild a damaged portion of its rail shed building at 111 Busch Dr. at a cost of $2 million.
- A permit was issued for renovations to the existing Baymeadows Village shopping center at 9810 Baymeadows Rd.
- The Baker’s Son by Valerio’s Bakehouse received a permit for build-out at 11957 Atlantic Blvd.
- Binz Self Storage submitted plans for a new self-storage facility at 10777 103rd St.
- The Energy Authority received a permit for renovations within the TIAA Bank building at 301 W. Bay St.
- 7-Eleven submitted plans for a new convenience store and gas station at 10560 Old St. Augustine Rd.
- Florida Blue received a permit for $6.6 million in renovations to its existing campus at 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy.
- VidaCann received a permit for build-out at 4339 Roosevelt Blvd.
- Walmart submitted plans for retail clinic additions to two area stores: one at 7075 Collins Rd. and one at 6830 Normandy Blvd.
- AutoZone received a permit for construction within Bartram Market.