For the entire month of November, Building Up Jax is presented to you by Opendoor, the new way to sell your home online.
MOXIE KITCHEN REBRANDING IN 2020
One of the few local food options at the Town Center is set to undergo a major rebranding.
Moxie Kitchen + Cocktails at Markets at Town Center has announced plans to rebrand to Prati Italia, a new Italian concept.
The rebranding came about as a result of a copyright issue with the name “Moxie,” which is controlled by a Canadian-based chain that recently announced plans to expand into Florida. The new restaurant will open in January.
In addition to the news from Moxie, there were a few other restaurant-related news items this week:
- Catullo’s Pizza received a permit for build-out at 1726 E. Church St. in the Eastside neighborhood. It would be the second brick-and-mortar spot for the Catullo brothers, who also operate Catullo’s Italian on San Pablo Rd.
- South Kitchen & Spirits has announced the permanent closure of their Avondale location. The eatery’s Nocatee location will remain in operation.
- Burger King received a permit for the construction of a new location at 6014 New Kings Rd.
- Newk’s Eatery called it quits at Town Center Promenade, leaving behind a prime restaurant-oriented vacancy along Town Center Pkwy.
- Multiple permits were issued for the construction of Terrabella, a 253-unit apartment complex at 13723 Atlantic Blvd.
- Cancer Specialists of North Florida received a permit for build-out at 725 Skymarks Dr. near River City Marketplace. It will join Bellezza Nails & Spa, Mayday Ice Cream, Pizza Pizza Pizza, and La Nopalera at the property.
- Tru by Hilton received a permit for the construction of a four-story, 106-room hotel at 2970 Hartley Rd.
- Restoration Hardware submitted plans for a 42,700 sq. ft. building at St. Johns Town Center as part of the mall’s third phase.
- Pandora received a permit for build-out within The Avenues Mall.
- Ascension St. Vincent’s submitted plans for a new, 13,400 sq. ft. free-standing emergency department building between Monument Rd. and Hutchinson Park Dr. near I-295 in Arlington.
- Permits were issued for the construction of Lofts at Brooklyn, a 133-unit apartment complex from The Vestcor Companies, at 190 Chelsea St. in Brooklyn.
- La Chic Bride received a permit for build-out at 3651 Park St.
- Mumuyi Bakery received a permit for build-out at 12041 Beach Blvd.
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits submitted plans for its future 11,000 sq. ft. location along Racetrack Rd. as part of Durbin Creek Crossing.
- Preserve at San Jose at 8880 Old Kings Rd. received a permit for $1.1 million in fire damage repairs.