Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Marshalls, Buff City Soap coming to Town Center area
St. Johns Town Center is getting two new tenants, including one that’s new to the Jacksonville market.
Marshalls and Buff City Soap each received a permit for build-out within the Town Center area. Marshalls will take over the former Staples unit at 10261 River Marsh Dr. within the outdoor mall, while Buff City Soap will be located at 4849 Town Center Pkwy. within the former Pei Wei space at Markets at Town Center.
The Markets location will be the first Jax-area location for Dallas, TX-based Buff City Soap, which makes plant-based, handmade soaps. Marshalls, meanwhile, has five existing locations.
Trevato acquires Dolphin Depot property
Trevato Development Group announced this week that it has acquired the former Dolphin Depot property at 704 1st St. N. in Jax Beach for $8.5 million. The company plans to redevelop the property, which sits across the street from the new Margaritaville hotel, as a “pedestrian-friendly, mixed-use development.”
The Jax Beach-based company’s other projects include the overhaul of Freebird Live into Surfer the Bar as well as the pending redevelopment of Adventure Landing.
Week in Review
- Jax Kitchen and Kilwins are joining Beachwalk in St. Johns
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier reopened in downtown Jax
- Artea at Southbank seeks approval
- Gate Petroleum received a permit for the construction of a new gas station and convenience store at 11100 ETown Pkwy.
- Old Navy received a permit for renovations to its existing location within River City Marketplace.
- Heartland Dental received a permit for build-out at 12541 Yellow Bluff Rd.
- Pottery Barn received a permit for renovations to its existing location within St. Johns Town Center.
- Plans were submitted for San Jose Early College, a two-story charter high school at Normandy Blvd. and POW-MIA Memorial Pkwy.
- TD Bank received a permit for build-out of a call center at 4600 Touchton Rd. E.
- IVX Infusion Health received a permit for build-out at 9734 River Marsh Ct.
- Whataburger submitted plans for a 3,196-square-foot, 74-seat restaurant building along International Golf Pkwy. within Parkway Village at St. Johns.