Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Margaritaville Hotel opens in Jax Beach
Margaritaville Beach Hotel made its much-anticipated debut in Jacksonville Beach this week.
The Jimmy Buffett-themed, 202-room hotel from Margaritaville and Elite Hospitality is now open to guests. The new building features three Margaritaville-inspired restaurants including the LandShark Bar & Grill, a large pool and firepit, a beachside observation deck, fitness center, and meeting space in addition to its guest rooms.
The new hotel is located at 715 1st St. N., just a few blocks north of Seawalk Pavilion.
Burger King, Jeremiah’s permitted in St. Johns
Two eateries are moving forward with their plans for St. Johns expansion.
Burger King received a permit for the construction of a standalone restaurant building at 307 Harper Ln. within The Fountains at St. Johns.
And Jeremiah’s Italian Ice received a permit for build-out at 1185 St. Johns Pkwy. within Parkway Place at Durbin. It was also recently announced that PearleVision and Sadhana Eyebrow Threading will join Jeremiah’s at Parkway Place.
- Corner Lot Development Group received multiple permits in relation to its planned Duval Crossing apartment complex at 14200 Duval Rd.
- Wingstop received a permit for build-out at 5515 Normandy Blvd.
- Publix received a permit for the construction of a new grocery store at 12541 Yellow Bluff Rd.
- Plans were submitted for a new city fire station at Meeting St. and Network Dr. in E-Town.
- First Watch received a permit for build-out at 9271 Baymeadows Rd. within Baymeadows Park.
- Starbucks received a permit for build-out at 5640 San Jose Blvd.
- Mt. Sinai Church received a permit for renovations to its existing building at 1146 W. 21st St.
- Lionshare Cowork received a permit for build-out at 13475 Atlantic Blvd.
- Paradise Grills received a permit for build-out at 4520 Town Center Pkwy.