Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
Concert venue, rooftop bar proposed along Bay Street
A new entertainment venue is proposed for East Bay Street.
Downtown Investment Authority is reviewing plans for what’s being referred to in documents as Project 323, a proposed concert venue with a 2,250-square-foot rooftop bar within an existing building at 323 E. Bay St. The submitted plans show a concert stage and limited seating on the first floor, additional seating on the second floor, and a bar and seating on the rooftop. As part of renovations, the building’s front entrance would be reconfigured and new signage would be added.
Other details about the venue, including an official name for it, have yet to be released.
St. Johns updates
- Old Navy received a permit for build-out within The Pavilion at Durbin Park.
- Mega-convenience store and gas station Buc-ee’s will open February 22 near World Golf Village.
- A permit was issued for the demolition of the former Best Bet building at 6322 Race Track Rd. Gatlin Development recently received approval to build a mixed-use development, Grand Cypress, on the property.
- Encompass Health Rehabilitation of Jacksonville submitted plans for a new 50-bed, 52,000-square-foot hospital facility off of Village Crossing Dr. near Gate Pkwy. The plans also show space for a future 40-bed expansion project.
- ALDI plans to open its new store at Emerson St. and Philips Hwy. on February 18.
- Dollar General received permits for the construction of two new retail buildings: one at 5875 N. Main St., and another at 10740 Normandy Blvd.
- Nailed It received a permit for build-out at 4611 River City Dr. within St. Johns Town Center.
- Permits were issued for renovations at two local McDonald’s locations: one at 5320 Norwood Ave., and one at 253 E. State St.