Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
JACKSONVILLE HOUSING AUTHORITY TO REMODEL CENTENNIAL TOWERS
Jacksonville Housing Authority received a permit for $3.26 million in renovations to Centennial Towers, an existing senior apartment community at 230 1st St. E. in Springfield.
The 14-story tower, constructed in 1977, is a 208-room senior living complex managed by JHA. The permitted renovations are part of larger plans for a $14.5 million overhaul of the building; JHA will be collaborating with Vestcor on the project. The building was reported as being in disrepair last year.
Work on the project is expected to wrap up next September, according to a press release.
NEW DOG PARK OPENS IN EAST ARLINGTON
East Arlington residents now have a new dog park available to them.
The city announced this week that a new dog park is now open within Abess Park at 12743 Abess Blvd. The park features dedicated space for small and large dogs.
- Memorial Hospital received a permit for $15.5 million in renovations and additions to its facility at 3625 University Blvd.
- Gate Petroleum received a permit for renovations to its existing location at 11350 Baymeadows Rd.
- DOG River LLC submitted plans for Lumen Park at Baymeadows, a new three-story, 128-unit independent living, assisted living, and memory care community at 4900 Baymeadows Rd.
- Zell Orthodontics received a permit for build-out at 9640 Crosshill Blvd.
- Turner Ace Hardware received a permit for renovations at 2771 Monument Rd.
- 24/7 Pediatric Care received a permit for construction of a new 5,500 sq. ft. pediatric office at 8990 R.G. Skinner Pkwy.
- TSG Realty – through Blanding Orange Park LLC – received a permit for construction of a retail shell building at 12636 San Jose Blvd.
- Advanced Boat Trailers received a permit for construction of a new building at 4347 Philips Hwy.
- The city received a permit to demolish an existing structure at 3864 Pearl St. N.
- Publix received a permit for renovations to its existing location at 2033 Riverside Ave.
- Five Below received a permit for build-out at 9041 Southside Blvd. within Southside Square.