Building Up Jax is a weekly article series, posted each Saturday morning, that provides you with the latest updates on development and construction in the greater Jacksonville area.
GreenWise Market to anchor Parkway Village at St. Johns
GreenWise Market, Publix’s health-centric spin-off, will anchor a new shopping center near World Golf Village.
Plans were submitted this week for Parkway Village at St. Johns, a shopping center at the corner of SR-16 and International Golf Pkwy. featuring a 35,800-square-foot GreenWise Market, 10,175 square feet of additional retail space, and eight commercial outparcel lots.
The project is located across from the existing Publix-anchored Shoppes at Murabella on SR-16, and across from Mill Creek Academy and a new high school currently under construction on International Golf Pkwy. It’s also just down the street from the proposed Costco and newly-opened Buc-ee’s near I-95.
More updates from Wildlight
Wildlight announced this week that three tenants will be ready to open this spring within Skinner Bros. Realty’s multi-tenant retail building within the community’s Village Center.
Firehouse Subs, Anejo Cocina Mexicana, and The Decantery will make their debut within Wildlight. Firehouse and Anejo had previously been announced as expected tenants; The Decantery, which has one other existing location in Fernandina Beach, will occupy space that was initially leased by AT&T.
Meanwhile, Boca Raton-based RAS Property Group announced its acquisition of The Lofts at Wildlight, a 279-unit apartment complex within Wildlight. The property sold for $55.8 million; Adam Bieber of Phillips Realty helped facilitate the deal on behalf of RAS.
- America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses and Slate Real Estate have been added to the list of future tenants at The Pavilion at Durbin Park.
- Rocky’s NYC Street Food received a permit for build-out at 8324 Merchants Way.
- Whataburger submitted plans for a new restaurant building within Shoppes at St. Johns Parkway in St. Johns.
- Planet Smoothie received a permit for build-out at 9960 Southside Blvd.
- C & K Trucking received a permit for the construction of a new one-story building at 3501 Zoo Pkwy.
- The Drip Bar received a permit for build-out at 12675 Beach Blvd.
- Club Heaven received a permit for build-out at 8136 Atlantic Blvd.